PROOF Certified pork
Australian Pastured Pork is a proud producer of truly pastured pork. Located at MIrrabooka Park, a property over 400 lush acres near the township of Lawrence in Northern NSW, the Graham, Ross and Munns clan have set up their farm to care and nurture the pigs under their care.
The pork is Hormone Free and Antibiotic Free.
Australia Pastured Pork raises its pigs in an environment that they have been used to for thousands of years – they can roam in large paddocks, play and rest in their wallows and root and graze as they wish.
Certification – PROOF Licensee.
As a PROOF Licensee, Australia Pasture Pork has been ale to meet PROOF’s core values of:
- All animals are able to range freely in open fields or paddocks.
- Animals will not be be kept in cages, stalls or creates.
- All animals are kept at stocking densities that will ensure access to forage and grazing.
- Densely confined production systems and feed lotting are not practiced.
- All animals are able to interact with their herd and carry out natural behaviors.
- All animals should thrive in their environment and not just cope with it.
- All animals will be protected from predation
- Illness or injury will be addressed promptly so no animal will be left to suffer.
- Animals will be fed to meet their welfare needs as well as production requirements.
- Surgical treatments that inflict unnecessary pain will not be performed.
- There will be no use of growth promoters.
- Pastured production should be environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.